Expanded Learning Site Coordinator - Richmond
The YMCA Expanded Learning Program believes in elevating youth's voice and emotional intelligence so they flourish as future leaders. Every day after school ends, we provide safe spaces for youth to cultivate their social emotional growth, healthy relationships, and leadership skills.
Join Our Mission!
We are looking for an energetic and outgoing team player to lead one of our Expanded Learning Programs in an elementary school in Richmond.
Your responsibilities as a Site Coordinator:
- Actively supervise staff and students in a structured after school program.
- Create daily and yearly program scheduled and ensure staff facilitates activities that are meaningful, culturally relevant, and engaging for all students
- Administrative tasks include attendance, data entry, payroll, purchasing, as well as maintaining grant requirements and district guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with the school principal and district ELP team to create alignment between the after school program and the regular school day.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have 48 college units or completion of the Instructional Aid (IA) Exam
- Information on how to complete the IA Exam can be provided upon request
- 2 years of experience working with youth in a similar environment.
- Have knowledge of basic computer skills & functions (Zoom, Google Drive, etc.)
- General knowledge of core elementary subjects - English, Math, Science, Social Science
- Pass DOJ/FBI criminal background check
- Have CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications within 30 days of hire
The YMCA of the East Bay is a fully COVID-19 vaccinated staff team, with legal exemptions provided for. You needn't be vaccinated to apply, but will need to be vaccinated, or apply for a legal exemption before work begins.
- Spanish speaker
- Have at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Have classroom and behavioral management skills.
What We Offer:
- Full time - Pay rate starts at $26 per hour
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, Y retirement plan, employee funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts
- Generous paid time off with vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Free YMCA gym membership to all YMCA facilities
We strive to build a staff team that reflects the broad diversity of our community. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
If you are excited about joining our team, then please submit your resume to:
Mayra Alvarado: firstname.lastname@example.org