Y-Kids Assistant Site Director - Solano Center, Albany
For more than 100 years, the YMCA of the East Bay has improved lives through exercise, community building and opportunities for youth. And we’re only getting better with age. Our health and fitness centers; preschools; sports training, childcare and teen leadership programs serve thousands of adults and children every day. We bring people closer together by providing a positive environment to learn, grow and thrive.
We are seeking an Assistant Site Director for our YMCA Before and After School Program in Albany. The Assistant Site Director reports directly to the Site Director and works to support the Site Director's vision for the day to day operations of the before and after school childcare program. Make a difference and join our team.
• Supervise children
• Develop and plan recreational educational activities
• Communicate with parents
• Run and operate the childcare site
• Support Director with discipline and behavior management of students
• Support roll call and ensure that all students are accounted for and manage attendance
• "Float" during periods when not teaching to check in with and support teachers
• Plan curriculum and implement activities each day - both personally and ensuring that all staff are doing so as well
• Ensure 14:1 ratios are maintained
• Maintain or exceed licensing requirements
• Assist with daily parent communication
• Serve as the director as arranged when director is absent
Prefer AA or AS degree in Early Childhood Development or an alternative which satisfies the requirements described in Title 22:
• Any bachelor's degree or AA plus 3 units Administration, plus 3 units of ECE, plus 1 year experience (BA) or (2 yrs AA) OR
• 3 units in Administration plus 3 units ECE, Child Development or School Age Child, plus 9 units in any of the following areas: Recreation, physical education, human service, social welfare, nursing, psychology, sociology, or home economics.
• Any units earned toward elementary or middle school teaching credential, and ECE, child development, or school age classes, plus 4 years' experience.
• 15 hour CPR/First Aid Health and Safety course
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must have TB clearance, pre-employment physical examination
• Must have Department of Justice, FBI clearance, and request for Child Abuse Index
• Must complete CPR/First Aid within time requested by Program Director
• Copies of all transcripts and proof of work experience will be required
- Competitive pay
- 10% employer paid retirement with immediate vesting following two years of employment
- Membership at all East Bay YMCA's
- Fully paid medical and dental, life-insurance, and long-term disability benefits
- Outstanding training and development
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Cover letter should include your related successes in this field, salary requirement, and why you believe you are the right person to fill our position. Please include all relevant experience; including non-profit, staff supervision, and work in the specific field. Please give three references with current phone numbers.